GOING HOME #1

3:04 AM


Pursuing my idealism is bloody tiring. That’s why four days ago I decided to go to my hometown to see my beloved ones, especially my parents.

Going home for only 2 days felt like a blink. It was too short, yet it was really fun.

I spent the first day with my boyfriend and my old friends starting from watching a movie until hanging out in a café completed with a small chit chat of unimportant things as usual. The next day, I decided to fully spend it with my parents, though I still met my boyfriend for a short coffee date taking only 2 hours in that evening. 








Apart from those fun experiences, there is one thing that disturbs my mind: my parents.

When I was a child I saw my parents as invincible adults. I saw my father as a strong man working hard for my family.  On the other hand, I saw my mom as a caretaker for me and my sister, the one who is always there to make sure our needs. At some point of my life, I felt like my parents were frozen at the same age. They looked the same age to me. But now everything changes. Seeing fragile white hair and slower walk breaks my heart apart. I couldn’t stop to think that one day these two people, a foundation for my life, may no longer be on this life with me. One day there will be no phone call and two people picking me up at the station every time I go home.

It is a reality that I need to start to remember even though it makes my tears welling up every time I think about it.

Since then, I decide to spend more time with them and start to realize that they both are a priority.
I just .. don’t want to waste my chance while they are still here with me. I need to make sure their needs, make sure they’re okay, and the most important thing, I need to let them know that I love them with all my heart in the way I choose. 

- DAS -

You Might Also Like

0 comments